Monday, April 22, 2013

Rag Week

Alright so it is now Week 12. I haven't blogged since Week 6, so I'm clearly slacking, but in fairness it has been crazy hectic. I am juts gonna recap a few of the highlights from the past 6 weeks in the course of about 3 posts. Brace yourself. The nostalgia is going to be out of control.

So to begin Rag Week was week 6. This is also called Charity Week, although I saw very little charity going on in the traditional sense. It was more like a week long bender for charity. UL puts on various events at a cost, and the price of the ticket goes to charity, or people donate to the cause. To the students however this is seen as an excuse to drink. I had a bunch of assignments due at the time, so I wasn't able to go out every night, but I made up for it the nights I did. The two sponsored events I attended were a concert from Hermitage Green, an Irish band, and UL Fest.

Hermitage Green was great, but I had had a few too many drinks and did not get to see much of the show. For some reason I felt it was more important to chat with friends during the concert and not really pay attention to what was going on until I realized it was over. typical. But from what I can recall they were actually really good.

UL Fest was lame. There is no better way to put it. I stayed long enough to walk through the student union square to see it was not worth staying for. It was basically a lineup of local bands, that weren't very good. I had pre gamed with Angie at Alice's and we went to hard to begin with, so by the time we made it over to campus we just beelined for the stables where we had a wonderful night. At least the money from the ticket went to a good charity.

Charity Week would never pass at USC, it is like a 5 day tailgate. That is really the only metaphor I can conjure for it. The teachers know whats up, and the students definitely know whats good.

I regret not taking any photos of even just chilling drinking before going out at the nights, but I was a bit busy consuming beverages and just forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment